Part time Optometric Tech - (HH27313)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Saint Joseph, MO 64501
Visionworks is recruiting for an experienced, outgoing, friendly, and team oriented candidate to join our staff as an Optometric Tech (OD Tech). The OD Tech is responsible for scheduling appointments, verifying insurance coverage, maintaining accurate patient records, and assisting with preliminary testing under the Optometrist’s supervision. OD tech will also be charged with educating patients on lens insertion and removal and overall care of contact lenses. Ideal candidate will be able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals. This position has some similarities to a Dr. Assistant position: i.e. customer interaction, insurance verification, patient records, etc.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:**
- Schedule appointments according to the SOP Appointment Scheduling/Check-In guidelines, including next year’s appointment.
- Efficient in recommending patients fill out paperwork on-line and importing patient information from web daily.
- Confirm the schedule: call appointments the day before to confirm the appointment time. Contact/reschedule no shows and cancellations.
- Pull all charts for the next day’s appointments; scan/shred (if necessary) set-up color folders.
- Has complete understanding of MVC plans and is able to articulate plans to customers and patients.
- Preauthorize insurance day before appointment; .Reconciles all exceptions pre-closing using 35 report.
- Handle patients’ FLOW efficiently. Answer patients’ questions, check patients in and out, collect payments, monitor and perform other front desk tasks as needed. Able to perform duties related to EMR proficiently. Maintain complete and accurate patient records according to SOP standards.
- Perform preliminary testing data collection as directed utilizing Patient Flow form and entering in EMR
- Instruct patients on the insertion, removal, cleaning, care and proper handling of their contact lenses.
- Order (regular and trials), stock, notify patients when their contact lenses are available for dispensing, dispense contact lenses and eyewear using SERVE.
- Recall patients daily using POS recall system; call and appt. goals met daily.
- Able to effectively sell and meet or exceed all sales goals
- Clean and maintain equipment and instruments in the optometric area and cover equipment nightly as well as supply inventories and ensure inventory is not expired
- Other duties as assigned by management to include cross training, support of retail floor, etc.
**Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- 1 year of related experience, optical preferred
- High School Diploma, General Education Diploma (GED) or equivalent related job experience
- Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms
- Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
- Cross training in all departments as needed
- Able to work a varying schedule to include: days, nights, weekends and holidays
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position._
Visionworks provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law. *
Job Requisition ID: HH27313
Job Title: Part time Optometric Tech
Job Type: Part-Time
Location: 166 Saint Joseph, MO
Post Date: 09/04/2018