Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67211
ELECTRICIAN APPRENTICE: Electricians lay out, assemble, install, maintain, and test electrical fixtures, apparatus, and wiring used in electrical systems. They install many types of switches, conduits, controls, circuit breakers, wires, lights, signal devices and other electrical components, following blueprints and specifications. They also install and connect electrical components, equipment and controls. Basic materials and tools used by electricians include insulating tape, screws, nuts, wire, cables, pliers, electric drills, soldering irons, chisels, ammeters, ohmmeters, voltmeters, and testing lamps. The apprenticeship and training shall be for the trade classification of “ELECTRICIAN”.
This is a four-year program leading to the classification of “JOURNEYMAN”.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPRENTICESHIP
1. Applicant must be a minimum of 17 years of age at time of application and must turn 18 years of age prior to indenture.
2. Applicant must have completed four years of high school or must have successfully passed the GED equivalent. Proof of completion must be provided prior to indenture.
3. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
4. Applicant must have transportation to the employer’s place of business and/or job site and to the place where classroom job-related instruction is conducted.
Applicants should have an educational background in subjects related to the trade, such as high school general or related math, physical science, and algebra. The program is approved for the Veteran’s Administration on-the-job training. The program consists of 4 years (576 hours) of classroom instruction and 8,000 hours of on-the-job training. There will be progressively increasing schedule of wages based on a percentage of the average wage being paid to journeyman electricians.
The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex. Qualified members of minorities and women are welcome and urged to apply.
The next class starts in August 2018. Applications will be taken until May 15, 2018. Applications received after May 15, 2018, will be considered for the following year.
APPLICATIONS ARE COMPLETED IN PERSON AT:
Wichita Workforce Center ~ 2021 N Amidon, Wichita, KS
Butler Workforce Center ~ 524 N Main, El Dorado, KS
Cowley Workforce Center ~ 108 E 12th Ave, Winfield, KS
Sumner Workforce Center ~ 314 N Washington, Wellington, KS
The following REQUIRED documentation must be provided at the time of application, no exceptions:
1. Copy of Birth Certificate
2. Copy of High School or GED Diploma
3. Official High School Transcripts (unopened envelope) or GED Test Scores
4. WorkReady Certificate / WorkKeys Scores
5. Copy of DD214 form (if applicable)
6. College Transcripts (if applicable)
7. Proof of other trade schools – must supply transcripts (if applicable)