Enviromental Services Attendant
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
The EVS Attendant is responsible for ensuring optimum property cleanliness and presentation. Duties and responsibilities include being a role model of our core values of Fun, Friendly and Community, and to provide direction of daily operational activities. To ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, aesthetics and guest satisfaction are maintained; ensure compliance with all training/licensure requirements of staff; able to assist with the general upkeep of the facilities.
The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all- inclusive:
1. Act as a role model of providing Hometown Hospitality and deliver Fun, as well as enthusiastically support the core values of Fun, Friendly and Community.
2. Perform various tasks to ensure property cleanliness and presentation to include the following [note that this list is not exhaustive of all tasks required]:
a. Carpet Maintenance – vacuum, sweep, mop, remove gum and debris.
b. Window Maintenance – clean windows and mirrors.
c. Gaming Equipment Maintenance – clean slot machines, table felts, chairs, bases.
d. Office Maintenance – clean walls, pantry area, removes trash, dusts furniture.
e. Restroom Maintenance – clean sinks, urinals, counters, polishes fixtures, stocks supplies.
f. General Maintenance – remove trash, assists in recycling program, clean ash trays, clean counters, spills, biological hazards adhering to guidelines from Blood Borne Pathogen training.
g. Outdoor- monitor grounds, empty trash, pick up debris, setup cleanup as directed.
3. Follow checklists, guidelines and for efficient and clean operation of assigned areas.
4. Attend and participate in pre-shift briefings, arrive on time.
5. Adhere to OSHA and Hazcom safe work practices.
6. Ensure all spray bottles and chemical storage containers are properly labeled. Only use chemicals for their intended use.
7. Assist in Receiving equipment and supplies and coordinate distribution and storage of such in an organized fashion. Adhere to 5S Principles of ensuring that items are Sorted, Set in order, Systematically cleaned, Standardize and Sustained.
8. Ensure that all storage areas are labeled and maintained in good order.
9. Monitor equipment condition and ensure that is it properly maintained.
10. Conduct him/her in a gracious, kind and warm manner that creates a sense of fondness, as well as professional, courteous and responsive manner, which reflects positively on the company and its core values of Fun, Family and Community.
11. Perform other duties as may be assigned by department and/or company management.
Must have ability to:
• Work in varying levels of crowds, noise, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon where stationed and customer volume.
• Work with various types of chemicals, proper precautions are taken.
• Occasionally work outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Inspect and clean areas of responsibility.
• Use ladders, as well as clean ground level areas.
• Transport all supplies to and from work areas.
• Be physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 75 lbs. occasionally/with assistance and 20 lbs. throughout the shift, and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Must be a minimum of 21 years of age. High School Diploma or equivalent required. Excellent communication skills both written and oral. Ability to: read, analyze, interpret procedures, instructions, and correspondence/memos; write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Attention to detail and accuracy. Maintain confidential information.
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every team member has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
• Attend required training sessions offered by the casino.
• Obtain required license(s).
• Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
• Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the team member’s department.
• Have knowledge of the Property’s programs to address problem gambling.
• Consult with the appropriate individuals and maintain an effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with the state regulations and Systems of Internal Controls.
• Take the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
• Report any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.