Concrete Form Finisher
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67214
Concrete Form Finishers
- Relevant work experience/knowledge and be able to test out of BPC’s Finisher apprenticeship program. Position reports to Squad Leader.
- At least one (1) year of concrete experience is highly desired.
Must be able to travel around Kansas and stay the night out of town.
- Pre-employment drug test required.
• Perform all the duties of a finisher.
• Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
• Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
• Check the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
• Set the forms that hold concrete to the desired pitch and depth, and align them.
• Direct the casting of the concrete and inform laborers where to place and spread it.
• Spread, level, smooth and finish poured concrete using rakes, shovels, floats, or hand trowels.
• Operate a power vibrator to compact concrete.
• Mold expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
• Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
• Clean chipped area, using wire brush, and feel and observe surface to determine if it is rough or uneven.
• Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete, and waterproof or restore surface.
• Provides assistance to laborers, carpenters, crew leaders and superintendents, as needed.
• Follow all safety precautions and report deficiencies.