Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67214
Bachelors degree with emphasis in construction technology preferred, but not required
- 5-10 years previous construction experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Works under supervision of the Construction Manager and in tandem with the assigned Project Manager.
- Be able to focus on projects 2 days to 2 weeks out.
- Directly supervises construction crew employees.
Provides thorough training for employees; planning, assigning, and reviewing work; scheduling employees; issuing oral or written instructions; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and disciplining employees.
- Plans and schedules daily work, ensures Crew Leader/Employee understands the task and expectations
Monitors and inspects assigned work to confirm quality and completion.
- Monitors time on timekeeping devices; identifies and resolves discrepancies.
- Syncs time records nightly.
- Approves weekly time sheets.
- Reports daily progress to Project Manager.
- Schedules subcontractors as needed, including pump truck and laser screed.
- Reports on weekly productivity by highlighting area poured on drawing; submits drawing to Project Manager.
- Performs duties of subordinate employees, to include setting forms, running shovel, etc. (less than 25% of time).
Analyzes weekly productivity reports and reviews previous weeks’ report with crew.
- Develops, maintains and uses two-week look ahead or other planning methods as tools to meet production. Two-week loo