Tutoring Center Peer Tutor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Independence, KS 67301
Independence Community College (ICC) is seeking applications for the position of Peer Tutor. Independence Community College, rural, residential community college in southeast Kansas, serving the needs of full and part-time students, has initiated continuous quality improvement through the AQIP accreditation process, and is a Character First organization. Independence Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ICC encourages diversity among its employees.
Strong academic achievement (i.e. A or B in courses offered through the tutoring center). Have an impressive work ethic and be able to show examples of responsibility taking, punctuality and professionalism. Have a strong desire to help others.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a Peer Tutor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, but only after full disclosure by the applicant.
1. Position generally requires light work with occasional lifting of 20 pounds or more, carrying supplies, equipment. The job requires varying amounts of sitting, climbing, kneeling, standing and walking.
2. This position requires the ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time. It also requires constant hand grasp and finger dexterity; extended standing, walking and repetitive leg and arm movements; occasional bending; reaching forward, side-to-side, downward and overhead; and squatting and kneeling. The ability to effectively communicate with a comprehension of the English language is essential.
3. Work is generally performed in an indoor setting.
1. Tutoring students in a variety of subject areas.
2. Supervising student computer usage.
3. Completion of CRLA tutor training.
4. Filing and miscellaneous office maintenance as assigned by the Tutoring Center Coordinator, instructional specialists, and/or administrative assistant.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position at an hourly rate of $8.00
These positions are open until filled.