Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67205
Support the company’s objectives with regards to estimating processes. Prepare customer requests for formal estimation/quoting in a clear and concise language that can be used both by manufacturing personnel for production and outside processors. Prepares estimates to include engineering data, material and outside processing. Analyzes pricing received and determines best options. Coordinates with production to quote labor cost. Responds to customer inquiries while maintaining efficiency and a high level of quality service.
1. Experience in preparation of estimates for RFQ’s using knowledge of customer engineering data, specifications, test procedures, equipment, tooling, and capacity, as well as overall cost and lead-time.
2. Must be able to interpret all forms of customer engineering (drawings, digital models, parts lists, OPSS, etc).
3. Effectively interact between all departments and management in a liaison role in support of programs and daily needs.
4. Work schedule by objectives which require project planning and judgment based on extensive and broad knowledge. This requires creativity to resolve complex issues.
5. Effectively prioritize and complete tasks in a timely manner, set realistic and manageable goals, and utilizing time management tools, techniques and strategies.
1. Working knowledge of MS Office as well as a high-level knowledge of engineering software (e.g. CATIA V, CAD, viewers, and MRP systems).
2. Knowledge of materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality-control standards.
3. Analytical, efficient and possess strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills.
4. Ability to work large, complex projects under general direction, and provide direction to staff and/or manufacturing personnel.
5. Accurately apply basic math concepts in a work setting, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and problem solving.
1. Motivation – displays a positive attitude, offers helpful suggestions, works well under pressure and in a team environment, understands and supports customer mission and value statement.
2. Attendance – attendance in line with company policy, reliable.
3. Productivity – produces acceptable amount of work, completes projects in a timely manner.
4. Training – ensures required training classes are completed as scheduled.
Position is primarily a sedentary role. This role routinely utilizes standard office equipment such as computers, phones and filing cabinets. Occasional standing, bending and lifting up to 50 pounds is required for position as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice as requested by supervision.