Field Service Technician (MEM) - FT/Days
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67217
Job Description: A skilled position responsible for installation, set up, repair and ongoing maintenance of vending, cooling and/or fountain equipment at customer accounts. Diagnoses
equipment problems, uses judgment to determine how to best repair or replace. Position works independently and has frequent customer contact.
May require lifting, carrying, pulling and/or moving between 20 and 45 pounds repeatedly over workday Requires kneeling, squatting, crouching, crawling and bending when making repairs, often in low places. Position may require moving vending machines weighing 800-1200 pounds.
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance on marketing equipment
- Unload and reload with products as necessary
- Educate customers on basic equipment repair and upkeep procedures
- Install equipment by making holes and route lines to connect products to dispensing unit, connecting water and gas supply
and finding drains for units with ice. For box syrup, build racks and connect lines * Fill installed equipment and adjust to
- Prioritize and schedule service and PM calls to meet customer service windows
- Drive to location, evaluate situation and perform necessary work (may include plumbing, electricity, refrigeration,
- Collect accurate and complete equipment and customer information
- Remove old parts and replace with new parts
- Maintain parts inventory on service truck
- Establish positive relationship with contacts at service calls
- After each call, complete paperwork on job and call in paperwork every two hours
- Transport miscellaneous items (e.g., compressors for repair/scrap, cardboard for recycle, etc.)
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance.
*General plumbing, electrical experience preferred
*Refrigeration experience and certification preferred for working on ice makers and frozen beverage dispensers.
- 18 years or older
- 21 years or older if CDL Required
- Valid CDL license (if applicable)
- Pass DOT Physical and DOT Road-test (if applicable)
- Adhere to DOT Regulations (if applicable)
- Pass the drug test and background check
- Senior technician may require certification in refrigeration
- Must be able to pass refrigeration certification Type I/Type II practices (if applicable)
*Working with mechanical systems (e.g., knowing mechanical concepts, troubleshooting and repairing appliances, performing basic household
repair in plumbing, circuits, fuses, and electrical components, operating hand tools and power tools, etc.)
- Serving customers (e.g., resolving customer issues, ensuring appropriate communication with store managers, following up on customer requests,
- Working with basic refrigeration systems (e.g., understanding refrigeration cycle, Freon, compressors, evaporators, condensers, etc.)
- Working with electrical systems (e.g., understanding flow, wiring, outlets, etc.)
- Working with plumbing (e.g., working with drains, water supply, ice makers, shut-off valves, sweating copper, filtration systems, etc.)
- Generating and setting work schedules (e.g., determining priority of work, building work schedules, etc.)
- Equipment installation (e.g., HVAC, refrigeration, auto, copiers, fountain products, etc.)
Type of Position: Full-time
Driving Requirement: No Driver Licensing Requirement
Starting Pay: $20.25
For immediate consideration, please go to www.pepsicojobs.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity