Plant Distribution Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Spring Hill, KS 66083
We make life better every day. The Clorox Company (NYSE: CLX) is a leading multinational manufacturer and marketer of consumer and professional products with about 7,900 employees worldwide and fiscal year 2017 sales of $6.0 billion. Clorox markets some of the most trusted and recognized consumer brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products; Pine-Sol® cleaners; Liquid Plumr® clog removers; Poett® home care products; Fresh Step® cat litter; Glad® bags, wraps and containers; Kingsford® charcoal; Hidden Valley® dressings and sauces; Brita® water-filtration products; and Burt’s Bees® natural personal care products and RenewLife® digestive health products. The company also markets brands for professional services, including Clorox Healthcare® and Clorox Commercial Solutions®. More than 80 percent of the company’s sales are generated from brands that hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories.
This position will be responsible for managing all Spring Hill Plant Distribution Center Operations to include all local 3rd party relationships and outside Distribution Centers. For PDC Operations the Manager’s responsibilities include providing the leadership direction and organizational design to enable on-time shipments, support plant throughput volume and ensure delivery of high quality products to meet customer needs in a safe and efficient manner, optimizing cost and value added return. This position will also be contributing into the Clorox Logistics’ Organization with a reporting relationship to the DC Operations Litter Network Manager.
Key Responsibilities (in descending order of importance)
% Of Time
Strategically manages staff and distribution processes for highest velocity PDC in Clorox network. Responsible for all logistics processes from receipt to shipment of all finished goods, utilizing Clorox systems and achieving performance metrics.
- Ensures PDC operates with safety as a core value
- Manages the complexities of 85% Direct Plant Shipments and corresponding relationships with strategic Clorox customers.
- Own the quality of service, internally to RDC and externally with Customers
- Achieve distribution performance measures established by customers and corporate logistics COE
- Develop and manage budget of $11.5MM covering labor and materials.
- Liaisons with Regional Transportation Manager to ensure all freight issues are handled promptly to budget
- Establish and implement processes to ensure execution of daily distribution activity
- Develop and coach subordinates, including managing the process for successful completion of Individual Development Plans for each employee.
- Coach and train entire SH DC operations crew to meet World Class goal of zero defects to customer’s (to include RDC’s)
- Develop core carrier relationships
- Achieve DC Operations and Transportation goals related to carrier detention
- Develop cross functional relationships with Sales, Supply Chain and CSC
- Participate in key plant WCO functions supporting plant needs
Assume role as Plant Owner of:
Managing a two facility 100% customer facing operation
Liaisons with Litter Division deployer to ensure appropriate supply of product network-wide
- Coordinate with Corporate Deployment COE to achieve metrics.
- Optimize $11MM spend
- Balance Company order fill goal of 95% with transportation goal of 90% intermodel usage
Implement World Class Distribution (WCO) Initiative
- Successfully implement and sustain designated WCO processes. ie, 25% reduction in empty fork lift travel as well as achieving a fluid loading goal of 10%
- Drive and own WCO savings plan for plant
Serve as 3rd Party Liaison to logistics contractors to ensure they remain transparent to Customers.
Years and Type of Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in operations with primary responsibility for staffing and budget / cost control
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in warehouse management (e.g., inventory management, budgeting, staffing)
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- In-depth understanding of distribution technical skills including equipment knowledge, facility layout, handling methods and procedures, inventory management
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service and/or distribution processes background along with exceptional analytical skills.
- Broad understanding of general business with emphasis on logistics, distribution and customer service issues. Ability to write concise operation reports with appropriate supporting graphical and presentation exhibits.
- Demonstrated the ability to coordinate multiple priorities and developed effective solutions.
- Prefer SAP Experience, but not required.
Minimum Education Level/ Degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled