Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Baltimore, MD 21286
FIELD ENGINEER – JOB DESCRIPTION
Whiting-Turner Field Engineers coordinate the work of subcontractors on construction sites. Reporting to a Project Manager or Superintendent, the Field Engineer’s major duties include:
1. Coordinating and directing the work of all trades assigned to a construction work site.
2. Resolving and clarifying design issues.
3. Supporting creation of project budgets and schedules.
4. Identifying and resolving field issues and change orders.
5. Setting expectations for managing a safe work site.
6. Reviewing each trade’s work progress with respect to each project phase.
7. Ensuring work is completed in accordance with quality standards and contract specifications.
8. Reviewing construction drawings.
9. Documenting each phase of the project.
Basic qualifications for Field Engineer candidates include:
1. Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Engineering Technology or Construction Management, Construction Technology or Associate of Arts degree in Construction Management.
2. Knowledge of engineering principles.
3. Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
5. Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering/architectural drawings.
6. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
7. Experience with construction projects, mechanical/electrical systems, building materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
Whiting-Turner will train qualified candidates to develop:
1. General knowledge of safety regulations, ANSI standards, local and state building codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.
2. General knowledge of general construction processes, practices and work sites.
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Suretrak, Primavera (or other scheduling software.
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans.