Market Development Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67217
Employment Duration: Full time Shift: 1st
Department: Market Development
Hours: 8a – 5p
Location: Wichita, KS
Travel Requirements: up to 25%, including internationally
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
Summary: Initiate business by providing an entrance into new domestic and international markets and supporting CoverSix (C6S) defense and security markets by performing the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Seek and provide information to help the company determine their competitive position in all markets
• Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand
• Monitor industry statistics and follow trends in trade literature
• Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting new data, such as surveys, opinion polls, or questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data
• Convey imperative and relative data back to the team for use in planning
• Develop and execute Lange Gate Process (formerly Advanced Product Quality Planning) for new products or markets
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers
• Be able to speak to the different lines of RedGuard, our global capabilities, offshore products and C6S products for tradeshows, customer needs, etc.
• Be able to make cold phone calls, some international, to support RedGuard, joint venture and C6S businesses
• Locate, research, plan and execute tradeshows and conferences to effectively and affordably market and network with customers, and potential customers, target market
• Work across departmental lines to support market, product development and C6S efforts
• Create, present, and execute market business plans
• Support C6S business development activities by assisting with various tasks and processes to include contract administration, customer service, solicitation review, market research, tracking and reporting, etc.
• Develop and maintain a system of metrics to support sales and market development
• Travel in support of Market Development, joint ventures and C6S to sales calls, trade shows partner/support meetings
• Observe safety and security procedures; Promote and hold others accountable for a safe working environment
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; and 1 year related sales, market development or business development experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to communicate well in person and over the phone maintaining high levels of customer service and interpersonal behavior
• Ability to build strong networks in and outside the organization
• Proficient with Microsoft Office and contact management software
• Strong verbal, written, listening and communication skills
• Ability to obtain a Passport and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC®)
• Valid Driver’s License
• Preferred international business, oil, gas or petro chemical, or capital equipment sales and marketing experience.
• Government contracting experience a plus
• Analytical and creative problem solving experience
• Foreign language: Spanish
Job Specific Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions; extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and arms including pushing and pulling; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. May be required to travel by air for long durations.