Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67214
The Dentist ensures that all patients receive quality dental care while maintaining compliance with all federal grants, OSHA, Dental Board, and Hunter Health Clinic policies and procedures.
Opening 1 Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Opening 2 Hours: Part-time, 8-12 hours/week
- Examine individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in the conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
- Record patient-dentist encounters as they occur, in the patient’s dental record so that the record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the encounter, the condition of the patient and the treatment or care provided.
- Complete referrals, data collections instruments, and other records or paper works that are required from time to time by the clinic.
- Educate patients and staff in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
- Assist in providing health/dental education and technical assistance to the community as requested.
- Conduct an evening clinic a minimum of one (1) evening per week as designated.
Meet the required number of encounter and users as designated and per grant requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school.
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred.
- Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges.
- FTCA coverage or professional malpractice insurance obtainable.
- Unrestricted dental license to practice dentistry.
- Current CPR (BLS) certification.
- Current DEA license.
- Medicare and Medicaid provider numbers.