Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Location:Lenexa, KS, United States-JCPenney Catalog 10500 Lackman Rd
Job ID:1023749Job Type:Full-Time
Date Updated:May 3, 2019
Installs and supports products, processes and hardware related to execution of supported Customer’s
daily business operation.
· Develops understanding of business processes being supported by operational unit.
· Demonstrates ability to interact with business customers and reacts accordingly to changing environments and business needs.
· Supports the organization’s project management policies, practices, and methodology. Follows operational standards for reporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting issues.
· Participates in assigned project teams including system upgrades and other local IT Field Operations initiatives.
· Analyzes and resolves incidents and problems of low complexity ensuring ARs are updated accurately and in a timely manner. Communicates with IT teams and vendors to resolve local incidents and problems; participates in turnover meetings.
· Takes corrective actions and/or escalates issues appropriately to achieve timely recovery with minimum impact to customer.
· Assesses issue and recommends alternative actions for incident and problem resolution.
· Assists in installation, customization, implementation, and maintenance of operations and PC LAN related equipment involving physical exertion or lifting up to 50lbs of material, tools, equipment or machines.
· Provides technical support for issues of low to medium complexity; including installation, set-up, maintaining, cabling and replacing of all standard PC/LAN systems.
· Performs other related tasks as assigned.
Skills and Characteristics
· Technical Institute/Associate Degree in Computer Science or Info Systems; equivalent formal training
· Basic aptitude for logical thinking and analytical processes
· Good communication skills, written and verbal and sharing of ideas
· Basic partnering and teamwork skills
· Customer focus
· Performs assigned tasks with supervision; manages tasks within allotted time
· Serial tasking
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Working knowledge of PC / LAN hardware troubleshooting and basic knowledge of workstation software
· Working knowledge of Windows networking and operating system
· Working knowledge of Unix operating systems
· Ability to use Change Control and Problem Management software.
· Work experience with IT support, PC/LAN and other related hardware/software
Job Title:IT TechnicianLocation:Lenexa, KS, United States-JCPenney Catalog 10500 Lackman RdJob ID:1023749
J.C. Penney Company Inc.