RN - ICU/ED/OB
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
El Dorado, KS 67042
1. Give patient baths, oral care and hair care.
2. Take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressures).
3. Collect I & O information.
4. Ambulate patients.
5. Assist with activities in patient mobility and positioning.
6. Collection of specimens.
7. Obtain blood glucose readings.
8. Initiate CPR.
9. Communicate with patient and/or family. Provide information to the patient and /or family to educate them on disease process, hospital stay, and/or treatments. Communicate with patient and/or family and meet patient needs for courtesy, information, physical care, emotional care, safety, privacy, and confidentiality.
10. Transport patients by pushing pulling, lifting, in a wheelchair, bed, cart or Geri chair.
11. Reposition patients with or without mechanical devices, by lifting, pulling and pushing.
12. Clearly and concisely report significant patient status changes to the physician.
13. Collection of patient care information.
14. Development and revision of nursing care plan.
15. Administer medications including narcotics according to SBAMH policies and procedures.
16. Document patient information concisely and legibly according to hospital and department policy.
17. Dressing changes.
18. Administer treatments.
19. Clearly and concisely report significant patient status changes to physician and appropriate co-workers.
20. Responsible and accountable for using work time appropriately by organizing and prioritizing work to complete daily assignment.
21. Follow patient-specific plan of care.
22. Administer IV’s and IV medications.
23. Start IV’s.
24. Assess the patient.
25. Follow all infection control procedures and policies (including use of universal/standard precautions).
26. Provide for patient safety.
27. Participate in quality improvement assurance, assessment and improvement activities.
28. Notify receiving nursing area of patient’s condition and needs prior to transfer.
29. Participates in the orientation and teaching of newly employed nursing personnel.
30. Participates in nursing projects and/or revision and review of policies and procedures.
31. Positive and effective interaction with patients, significant others, and other health team members, while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
32. Performs other duties as assigned.