Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
El Dorado, KS 67042
A full fringe benefit package will be offered including medical, dental, and vision insurance, retirement, and wellness initiatives. ADA/EEO. Drug screening, background check, and physical with conditional offer of employment.
Position Summary: Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations and supervision of the airport. Also provides support, direction, and guidance in all airport issues.
Behavioral Competencies: Public Relations, Professionalism, Results Oriented, Collaboration, Knowledge of Work, Communication, Accountability, and Coachability
• Assists with the preparation of airport budget.
• Directs and Coordinates service function of airport, including maintenance of buildings and property.
• Inspects airport equipment regularly and recommends repair, replacement, and upgrading of equipment as necessary.
• Reviews all security measures and procedures and recommends necessary revision.
• Enforces policies of Airport handbook. Recommends changes to handbook as needed.
• Assists and makes recommendations with regards to the Airport Master Plan, and Capital Improvements projects.
• Serves as staff representative to the Airport Advisory Board.
• Represents City and Airport at state, regional, and national organizations and meetings.
• Communicates regularly with the Public Works Director in writing and orally on matters concerning the airport.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Associates degree in airport administration required (Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred)
• Valid Kansas Driver’s Licenses
• Three years of experience in airport administration
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Moderate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to solve problems and exercise judgement with little supervision
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
Office duties performed in a well-lit climate controlled environment.
Outdoor activities have above average exposure to:
• Weather and temperature extremes
• Work safety hazards including below grade and cramped work sites
• Overtime and extended hours
• Exposure to dust, chemicals, fumes, loud noises, electrical shock and darkness