Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67209
Summary of Accountabilities:
Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the avionics department to ensure a profitable
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise, direct, and train avionics personnel in order to maintain a profitable operation.
2. Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the avionics department so as to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
3. Responsible for making necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives and other technical data available to employees.
4. Responsible for maintaining custumer documentation through the department administrator.
5. Provide customer quotes and bids for all work performed while providing excellent customer service.
6. Troubleshoot and assist in maintenance problems.
7. Ensure that all equipment and tools are in a serviceable and working condition.
8. Responsible for ensuring that all work records are properly executed by personnel.
9. Preserve and ensure the proper handling of all units/parts while in the avionics shop.
10. Various other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
2 Leads, 5-10 employees + Contractors
Education and Experience:
1. Minimum 10 years avionics experience
2. 5+ years in general aviation avionics supervisor/management environment or related aviation experience
3.Two or four-year college degree in business or related field preferred.
4.Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
5. Must possess strong written and verbal skills
6. Possess exceptional internal and external customer service skills
7. Must possess and maintain a current valid driver’s license
8. Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent for calculations of profit/loss. Ability to understand departmental financial statements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to maintain a specified budget for assigned department.
Knowledge of MS office applications including word, excel, access, and Microsoft outlook.
Certificates Licenses, Registrations:
Limited travel required.