Direct Support Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Winfield, KS 67156
Philosophy of Services Acknowledgement:
This job carries with It the obligation to fulfill Mosaic’s mission of providing a life of possibilities for people with intellectual disabilities. As One Mosaic, all staff members work together to provide the people Mosaic supports with a meaningful life in a caring community, ensuring they have a voice to share their needs and desires and to advocate for their rights. This job also carries the responsibility to be a good steward of our human and financial resources to create an environment committed to Mosaic’s values of safety, resect, connection and integrity. Staff members are also responsible for demonstrating Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership as it applies to their position. A commitment to this philosophy of services should be demonstrated as job duties are performed.
Coordinates and manages program operations while ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements. Responsibilities include hiring, training, and scheduling staff, coordinating activities and appointments of individuals served, and maintaining records.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for hiring, training, supervision and coaching of direct reports to maximize employee engagement and achieve desired results.
- Manage program operations, including coordinating appointments and activities, providing training and guidance to persons served, and overseeing the accounting of individual finances.
- Monitor the comfort and safety of individuals served while ensuring living environments and program activities are in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Assist individuals with integration into the community by accompanying them to recreational and social activities.
- Maintain accurate records, including records of activities and developmental progress of persons served.
- Provide on-call assistance to staff during emergencies and locate staff to fill shifts as needed.
- Implement behavior plans and strategies. Intervene when aggressive and/or inappropriate behavior occurs.
- Handle house petty cash and individual funds.
- Prepare reports and other correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of and ability to demonstrate Mosaic’s 7 Essential Practices of Leadership.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards.
- Knowledge of medication administration guidelines.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Skill in administering CPR and basic first aid.
- Skill in supervising and training staff in a positive manner.
- Skill in working with individuals with disabilities.
- Skill in team management.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to write and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to stoop, kneel and lift to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to read and understand regulatory requirements.
- Ability to read and understand budgeting information.
- Ability to use a personal computer.
- Ability to use a telephone.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to maintain a patient and positive attitude.
- Ability to drive.
- Ability to work in a team environment.