Accounting Manager Long Term Care
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Job Title: Accounting Manager Long Term Care
Location: Corporate Office-Wichita, KS
Reports To: Chief Accounting Officer
Scope and Purpose: The Accounting Manager position requires full cycle bookkeeping experience including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Bank Account Reconciliation, Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation, and Financial Statement preparation for multiple sets of senior living communities. This position requires strong leadership and plays a hands-on role overseeing the day-to-day activities of property management accountants. Omega Senior Living, LLC emphasizes a team approach and fully expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives. The employee must adhere to all policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by Omega Senior Living, LLC and/or otherwise communicated verbally or in writing.
• Minimum education level Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and 3+ years in full cycle accounting for Long Term Care facilities
• Supervisory experience
• Long Term Care and acquisitions experience desired
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises accounting staff
• Collaborates with the CAO to manage the accounting function and lead/develop the accounting team.
• May prepare deposits.
• Performs systems input to include: deposits and adjustments, applications, move-ins/outs, renewals and cancellations.
• Performs month-end closeouts, monthly billings, financial statements, bank reconciliation, and balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Prepares monthly reports in accordance with portfolio requirements.
• Enters and pays invoices throughout the month
• Maintains all resident information on computer systems.
• Updates all daily reports.
• Prints monthly delinquency reports and keeps the supervisor and on-site manager informed.
• Assists in creating and timely publication of reports as deemed necessary by business partners.
• Analyzes the reports and makes recommendations
• Timely production of statutory and internal financial reports
• Inputs vendor information
• Follow-up on all security deposits and process all refunds.
• Maintains general office, vendor and community files.
• Maintains good communication with on-site staff members to facilitate all accounting tasks.
• Answers phones and process mail, as needed
• Perform miscellaneous office duties such as assisting with office projects, as needed
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
• Background in accounting cash and accrual
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
• Strong experience with Excel spreadsheets and Word.
• Ability to lead, mentor and develop others
• Ability to multi-task; work on projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
• Ability to solve problems in a positive manner; offer Best Practices.
• Ability to work with multiple companies, vendors, owners, etc. with similar and different operational goals
• Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages, etc.
• Requires accurate typing, ten key, calculator, fax and copier skills
• Requires the ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a variety of practical situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may occasionally call for minor deviations.
• Requires the ability to work at a fast pace with accuracy and to ensure that all deadlines are met.
• Team Player with strong work ethic