Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Performs a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks in the custodial care and maintenance of Riverfront Community Center.
Works under the close supervision of the Custodial Supervisor.
None generally. May supervise temporary employees or community service workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Duties listed below do not include all tasks which may be performed.)
• Responsible for general maintenance and janitorial duties which may include, but is not limited to: Changes light bulbs and florescent tubes; Dumps ash cans and garbage and relines cans with liners; Washes windows, walls, metal and woodwork; Picks up litter from around buildings and grounds; and Moves and sets up furniture, pictures, etc. as needed and assigned.
• Sweeps, vacuums, mops, dusts, shampoos, steam cleans, strips, waxes, polishes, and buffs floors, carpets, and furniture, etc.
• Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and replenishes supplies; cleans spills; cleans drinking fountains, mirrors, tables, walls, fixtures, blinds, light fixtures, etc.
• Responsible for the set-up of tables, chairs, etc. for daily events.
• Cleans rain gutters; sweeps roofs and sidewalks.
• Performs minor semi-skilled interior building maintenance and repairs.
• Inspects and maintains assigned custodial equipment and small tools for proper operating condition.
• Opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as needed. Performs building security checks.
• Keeps records of work completed.
• Maintains current skills and knowledge in the proper and safe techniques of building maintenance.
• Other duties as assigned
• Sets up and takes down athletic equipment, i.e., volleyball nets, scoreboards, etc.
• Requires work with heights and use of lifts and other equipment to reach high places.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Any combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the work.
• Must be able to speak, read and write English.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building and grounds maintenance; working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs; some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions;
• Ability to read and follow a room setup diagram.
• Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment.
• Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule; ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time; ability to communicate orally and in writing; ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely; ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions; ability to establish effective working relationships.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license at time of application.
• Must have, or be able to obtain within 60 days, First Aid and CPR certification.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Floor buffers, steam cleaners, carpet cleaners, washers, vacuum, mops, brooms, dusting equipment, power lift, and hand and power tools.