CNC Mill and Lathe Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Humboldt, KS 66748
Summary of job function:
Responsible for set-up and operation of the CNC Horizontal Machine Center or the CNC Vertical Machine Center.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
• Sets up and operates manual CNC Vertical & Horizontal Machine Center
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand center line rotation of fixtures as applied to Horizontal Machine set up.
• Must be versed in Rotary or Indexing capability as the application applies to the Horizontal Machine Center.
• Understand Z axis and Y axis clearance and tool statements to the Horizontal Machine Center.
• Employee will need to understand the Vertical X, Y, Z axis centerline pick up with the Vertical Machine Center.
• Good understanding of edge and centerline pick up on the Vertical Machine Center.
• Receive daily instructions from Production Supervisor and plan day accordingly using the Shop Floor Control System.
• Check parts to ensure they meet blueprint specifications using proper gauges.
• Perform daily maintenance checks on machines and/or equipment, report concerns to supervisor.
• Deburr work in process.
• Ability to use the air grinder to remove sharp edges from parts.
• Ability to make minor changes in the computer program to ensure quality parts.
• Basic knowledge of the use of measurement tools, such as micrometers and calipers
• Train new hires or apprentices
• Following all safety policies and procedures
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives in a timely manner.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Must have the ability to clock in and off operations according to sequence number start date of the work order on Shop Floor.
Job requires standing, stooping, lifting, Working Conditions: Manufacturing Environment
• Protective safety glasses are provided and must be worn in production. Safety shoes required in production
• May be required to wear respirator, gloves, hearing protection or protective clothing depending on assigned area.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Basic understanding of Blueprint reading and basic math skills
• Ability to clearly communicate, understand and write in English
• Ability to interact and work from oral and written instructions.
• Ability to read and interpret company documents, such as, safety rules, operating and manufacturing instructions, and Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
• Ability to assist in other work related areas as required. All employees will be cross trained in different areas of the department and pieces of equipment.
• Ability to operate a fork truck
• Ability to work daily and weekly overtime as required.
• Ability to learn computer skills required.
• Ability to keep the area clean and orderly.
• 18 years of age and pass pre-employment and random drug screens.
• Previous experience preferred but not required.
• Must be self motivated and organized, and have the ability to be self-supervised.
• Prefer WorkReady certificate will all applications, contact KansasWorks at 620-432-0358 for more information on this, or email Suzanne.firstname.lastname@example.org.