Air Duct Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66219
- JOB DESCRIPTION
The Air Duct Technician will provide quality air duct cleaning and related services to customers. The Air Duct Technician will assist Air Duct Manager and coworkers to complete jobs safely, through effective communication and following NADCA STANDARDS. The incumbent will also identify and estimate the quantity of materials needed to complete a job and estimate how long a job will take to complete.
- Prepare the van each day, providing inventory and inspection of equipment (i.e. ladder pre-inspection), as well as cleaning, organization and restocking of the van daily.
- Drive Stanley Steemer vehicle in accordance with state laws, speed limits and Stanley Steemer safety standards.
- May assist with direction to customer’s location and may serve as a spotter behind the van, during all van backing procedures.
- Survey and complete pre-inspection of the jobs and advise the customers.
- Discuss in detail with customer the work to be completed before work is performed.
- Assist in the set-up/tear-down of equipment.
- Productively and safely move furniture to prepare the home for cleaning.
- Mark the position of each damper.
- Remove all registers and returns, seal in preparation of the duct cleaning.
- Clean Air Handling Unit to include the blower motor, coils and outside of the unit.
- Clean and mark if needed, all registers and returns, then place back in the original position.
- Vacuum and clean all registers.
- Assist in the cleaning of the air ducts.
- Check auxiliary components to heating-cooling equipment, such as expansion and discharge valves, air ducts, pipes, blowers, dampers, flues and stokers, following blueprints.
- Assist in clean-up of work area and account for all tools and equipment being returned to the truck before departure from the customer’s home.
- Assure and assist partner in properly securing all equipment in truck at completion of each job.
- Inform and promote additional product/services such as filters, UV lights, Dryer vents, as well as retail carpet cleaning
- Complete necessary paperwork (invoice and truck log) in detail as required by company
- Perform check-in duties as trucks report back to office. Responsible for cash reported on cash turn-in sheet.
- Provide hands-on training to subordinates and new hires in van set-up, cleaning procedures, safety procedures, sales techniques, company policies and procedures, etc.
- Perform branch opening and closing duties as needed. Responsible for branch keys and alarm codes.
- Assist management in planning and conducting morning meetings.
- Rotate on-call duties with management and respond to emergency work.
- Respond to courtesy calls with more difficult situations.
- Adhere to all company rules, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, the Employee Handbook, Safety Policy, and Air Duct Cleaning Manual and NADCA STANDARDS as taught in company training.
- Inspect and test system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Report to office as requested by management for such items as job totals, add-on, mileage, meter, etc.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Recommend, develop, and perform preventive and general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing and vacuuming equipment, and changing filters.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of HVAC
- Ability to work in confined spaces and heights
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- Willing to work nights and weekends
- Mechanically inclined.
JOB TITLE: Air Duct Technician
LOCATION: 14751 W 101st Ter, Lenexa, Kansas 66215
FULL-TIME / PART-TIME: Full-time